After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what a supply chain is.
- Describe your procurement department’s role within the organization.
- Understand the principles of the purchasing cycle.
- Apply the steps needed for managing a competitive bid process, from the request for proposals or qualifications through to negotiating the contract.
- Know what it takes to set up a competitive bid for a contract.
- Defend your position on why a particular supplier should be selected based on an evaluation strategy.
- Be responsible for managing supplier performance, including controlling quality and setting and monitoring standards.
- Apply the tools of the procurement trade, from PC-based applications to cloud-based solutions.
Why did you take this course? Use this opportunity to consider your personal learning objectives and reasons for taking this course.